What are you looking for?
Terms and Conditions of The Focusrite group
These Terms govern
- the use of The Focusrite group, and,
- any other related Agreement or legal relationship with the Owner
in a legally binding way. Capitalized words are defined in the relevant dedicated section of this document.
The User must read this document carefully.
Although the entire contractual relationship relating to these Products is entered into solely by the Owner and Users, Users acknowledge and agree that, where The Focusrite group has been provided to them via the Apple App Store, Apple may enforce these Terms as a third-party beneficiary.
Nothing in these Terms creates any relationship of employment, agency, or partnership between the involved parties.
The Focusrite group is provided by:
Raising a Data Privacy Request:
We are a Group of companies with multiple different brands, so it is really important to us that we deal with your request in the best way possible. Filling this form is the quickest way to have us process your request.
Data Removal/Amendment Form
*** Please use the form rather than emailing the DPO mailbox email address advertised below***
Use the form or you can call 310-322-5500 to exercise your CCPA rights.
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"The Focusrite group" refers to
- this website, including its subdomains and any other website through which the Owner makes its Service available;
- applications for mobile, tablet and other smart device systems;
- the Application Program Interfaces (API);
- the Service;
- any applications, sample and content files, source code, scripts, instruction sets or software included as part of the Service, as well as any related documentation;
The following documents are incorporated by reference into these Terms:
- Terms and conditions of sale - https://focusrite.com/en/terms-and-conditions
- Product Warranty - https://focusrite.com/en/warranty
What the User should know at a glance
- The right of withdrawal only applies to European Consumers. The right of withdrawal, also commonly called the right of cancellation in the UK, is consistently referred to as “the right of withdrawal” within this document.
- Please note that some provisions in these Terms may only apply to certain categories of Users. In particular, certain provisions may only apply to Consumers or to those Users that do not qualify as Consumers. Such limitations are always explicitly mentioned within each affected clause. In the absence of any such mention, clauses apply to all Users.
- Usage of The Focusrite group and the Service is age restricted, as detailed in the relevant section of this document.
Single or additional conditions of use or access may apply in specific scenarios and in such cases are additionally indicated within this document.
By using The Focusrite group, Users confirm to meet the following requirements:
- There are no restrictions for Users in terms of being Consumers or Business Users;
- Users must be older than 13;
- Users aren’t located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist-supporting” country;
- Users aren’t listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
To use the Service Users may register or create a User account, providing all required data or information in a complete and truthful manner.
Users may also use the Service without registering or creating a User account, however, this may cause limited availability of certain features or functions.
Users are responsible for keeping their login credentials confidential and safe. For this reason, Users are also required to choose passwords that meet the highest standards of strength permitted by The Focusrite group.
By registering, Users agree to be fully responsible for all activities that occur under their username and password.
Users are required to immediately and unambiguously inform the Owner via the contact details indicated in this document, if they think their personal information, including but not limited to User accounts, access credentials or personal data, have been violated, unduly disclosed or stolen.
Conditions for account registration
Registration of User accounts on The Focusrite group is subject to the conditions outlined below. By registering, Users agree to meet such conditions.
- Accounts registered by bots or any other automated methods are not permitted.
- Unless otherwise specified, each User must register only one account.
- Unless explicitly permitted, a User account may not be shared with other persons.
Users can terminate their account and stop using the Service at any time by doing the following:
- By directly contacting the Owner at the contact details provided in this document.
Account suspension and deletion
The Owner reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or delete at any time and without notice, User accounts which it deems inappropriate, offensive or in violation of these Terms.
The suspension or deletion of User accounts shall not entitle Users to any claims for compensation, damages or reimbursement.
The suspension or deletion of accounts due to causes attributable to the User does not exempt the User from paying any applicable fees or prices.
Content on The Focusrite group
Unless where otherwise specified or clearly recognizable, all content available on The Focusrite group is owned or provided by the Owner or its licensors.
The Owner undertakes its utmost effort to ensure that the content provided on The Focusrite group infringes no applicable legal provisions or third-party rights. However, it may not always be possible to achieve such a result.
In such cases, without prejudice to any legal prerogatives of Users to enforce their rights, Users are kindly asked to preferably report related complaints using the contact details provided in this document.
Rights regarding content on The Focusrite group - All rights reserved
The Owner holds and reserves all intellectual property rights for any such content.
Users may not therefore use such content in any way that is not necessary or implicit in the proper use of the Service.
In particular, but without limitation, Users may not copy, download, share (beyond the limits set forth below), modify, translate, transform, publish, transmit, sell, sublicense, edit, transfer/assign to third parties or create derivative works from the content available on The Focusrite group, nor allow any third party to do so through the User or their device, even without the User's knowledge.
Where explicitly stated on The Focusrite group, the User may download, copy and/or share some content available through The Focusrite group for its sole personal and non-commercial use and provided that the copyright attributions and all the other attributions requested by the Owner are correctly implemented.
Any applicable statutory limitation or exception to copyright shall stay unaffected.
Access to provided content
Content that Users provide to The Focusrite group is made available according to the criteria outlined within this section.
Private content provided by Users shall stay private and will not be shared with any third parties or accessed by the Owner without the User’s explicit consent.
Users may (and are encouraged to) check on The Focusrite group to find details of who can access the content they provide.
Access to external resources
Through The Focusrite group Users may have access to external resources provided by third parties. Users acknowledge and accept that the Owner has no control over such resources and is therefore not responsible for their content and availability.
Conditions applicable to any resources provided by third parties, including those applicable to any possible grant of rights in content, result from each such third parties’ terms and conditions or, in the absence of those, applicable statutory law.
The Focusrite group and the Service may only be used within the scope of what they are provided for, under these Terms and applicable law.
Users are solely responsible for making sure that their use of The Focusrite group and/or the Service violates no applicable law, regulations or third-party rights.
Therefore, the Owner reserves the right to take any appropriate measure to protect its legitimate interests including denying Users access to The Focusrite group or the Service, terminating contracts, reporting any misconduct performed through The Focusrite group or the Service to the competent authorities – such as judicial or administrative authorities - whenever Users are suspected to be in violation of any laws, regulations, third-party rights and/or these Terms, including, but not limited to, by engaging in any of the following activities:
- pretending to fulfill any possible condition or requirements for accessing The Focusrite group and/or using the Services, such as for instance being adult according to law or qualifying as a Consumer;
- concealing their identity or stealing someone else's identity or pretend to be or represent a third-party, if not allowed to do so by such third-party;
- manipulating identifiers to disguise or otherwise conceal the origin of their messages or of the content posted;
- defaming, abusing, harassing, using threatening practices, threatening or violating the legal rights of others in any other way;
- promoting activity that may endanger the User’s life or the life of any other User or lead to physical harm. This includes but is not limited to suicide threats or instigations, intentional physical trauma, the use of illegal drugs, or excessive drinking. Under no circumstance is any User allowed to post any content promoting and/or encouraging and/or showing any self-destructive or violent behavior on The Focusrite group;
- probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of The Focusrite group, including the services or any network connected to the website, nor breaching the security or authentication measures on The Focusrite group, including the services or any network connected to The Focusrite group;
- installing, embedding, uploading or otherwise incorporating any malware into or via The Focusrite group;
- using The Focusrite group or the technical infrastructure in an abusive, excessive or otherwise inappropriate way (for example: for spamming purposes);
- attempting to disrupt or tamper with the technical infrastructure in a manner that harms or places an undue burden on The Focusrite group or the Service;
- pretending to purchase any Products offered via The Focusrite group without any real intent to do so;
- failing to pay for Products purchased;
- offering Products via The Focusrite group that cannot legally be sold or that are currently not available for sale (e.g. not in stock);
- manipulating the price of Products offered or failing to deliver Products sold;
Excessive use of the Service
- using a resource of The Focusrite group excessively in relation to other Users of The Focusrite group – in such cases, the Owner, at its sole discretion, additionally reserves the right to suspend the User’s account or limit the related activity until the User reduces the excessive consumption;
Excessive use of the API
- sending abusive or excessively frequent requests to the Service via the API. The Owner will determine what constitutes abuse or excessive usage of the API and additionally reserves the right to temporarily or permanently suspend access to the API by the User. In such cases, the Owner will make a reasonable attempt to alert the User prior to suspension;
- adopting any automated process to extract, harvest or scrape information, data and/or content from The Focusrite group and all the digital properties thereto related unless where explicitly allowed to do so by the Owner;
- disseminating or publishing content that is unlawful, obscene, illegitimate, libelous or inappropriate;
- publishing any content that promotes, either directly or indirectly, hate, racism, discrimination, pornography, violence;
- disseminating or publishing any content that is false or may create unjustified alarm;
- using The Focusrite group to publish, disseminate or otherwise provide content protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to patent, trademark or copyright law, unlawfully and without the legitimate right-holder’s consent;
- using The Focusrite group to publish, disseminate or otherwise make available any other content which infringes on any third-party rights, including but not limited to state, military, trade or professional secrets and personal data;
- publishing any content or carrying out any activity that disrupts, interrupts, harms, or otherwise violates the integrity of The Focusrite group or another User's experience or devices. Such activities include: spamming, distributing unauthorized advertisements, phishing, defrauding others, spreading malware or viruses etc.;
- publishing or otherwise disseminating false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libellous content regarding any Products offered via The Focusrite group;
- misappropriating any account in use by another User;
- harvesting or collecting any personally identifying information of other Users including but not limited to their email addresses or contact information, by circumventing the privacy setting of other Users’ accounts on The Focusrite group or by any other means;
- using any information relating to other Users, including personal or contact data, for purposes other than those The Focusrite group is intended for;
Commercial use restrictions
- registering or using The Focusrite group in order to promote, sell or advertise products or services of any kind in any way;
- indicating or trying to imply in any manner, that a User stands in a qualified relationship with The Focusrite group or that The Focusrite group has endorsed the User, the User’s products or services or any third party's products and services for any purpose;
Any intellectual or industrial property rights, and any other exclusive rights on software or technical applications embedded in or related to The Focusrite group are held by the Owner and/or its licensors.
Subject to Users’ compliance with and notwithstanding any divergent provision of these Terms, the Owner merely grants Users a revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use the software and/or any other technical means embedded in the Service within the scope and for the purposes of The Focusrite group and the Service offered.
This license does not grant Users any rights to access, usage or disclosure of the original source code. All techniques, algorithms, and procedures contained in the software and any documentation thereto related is the Owner’s or its licensors’ sole property.
All rights and license grants to Users shall immediately terminate upon any termination or expiration of the Agreement.
Without prejudice to the above, under this license Users may download, install, use and run the software on the permitted number of devices which fulfill the technical requirements specified in the relevant section of The Focusrite group.
The Owner reserves the right to release updates, fixes and further developments of The Focusrite group and/or its related software and to provide them to Users for free. Users may need to download and install such updates to continue using The Focusrite group and/or its related software.
New releases may only be available against payment of a fee.
The User may download, install, use and run the software on 3 devices.
However, it may not be permitted to run the software on more than one device at a time.
API usage terms
Users may access their data relating to The Focusrite group via the Application Program Interface (API). Any use of the API, including use of the API through a third-party product/service that accesses The Focusrite group, is bound by these Terms and, in addition, by the following specific terms:
- the User expressly understands and agrees that the Owner bears no responsibility and shall not be held liable for any damages or losses resulting from the User’s use of the API or their use of any third-party products/services that access data through the API.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Some of the Products provided on The Focusrite group, as part of the Service, are provided on the basis of payment.
The fees, duration and conditions applicable to the purchase of such Products are described below and in the dedicated sections of The Focusrite group.
Prices, descriptions or availability of Products are outlined in the respective sections of The Focusrite group and are subject to change without notice.
While Products on The Focusrite group are presented with the greatest accuracy technically possible, representation on The Focusrite group through any means (including, as the case may be, graphic material, images, colors, sounds) is for reference only and implies no warranty as to the characteristics of the purchased Product.
The characteristics of the chosen Product will be outlined during the purchasing process.
Any steps taken from choosing a Product to order submission form part of the purchasing process.
The purchasing process includes these steps:
- Users must choose the desired Product and verify their purchase selection.
- After having reviewed the information displayed in the purchase selection, Users may place the order by submitting it.
When the User submits an order, the following applies:
- The submission of an order determines contract conclusion and therefore creates for the User the obligation to pay the price, taxes and possible further fees and expenses, as specified on the order page.
- In case the purchased Product requires active input from the User, such as the provision of personal information or data, specifications or special wishes, the order submission creates an obligation for the User to cooperate accordingly.
- Upon submission of the order, Users will receive a receipt confirming that the order has been received.
All notifications related to the described purchasing process shall be sent to the email address provided by the User for such purposes.
Users are informed during the purchasing process and before order submission, about any fees, taxes and costs (including, if any, delivery costs) that they will be charged.
Prices on The Focusrite group are displayed:
- either exclusive or inclusive of any applicable fees, taxes and costs, depending on the section the User is browsing.
Methods of payment
Information related to accepted payment methods are made available during the purchasing process.
Some payment methods may only be available subject to additional conditions or fees. In such cases related information can be found in the dedicated section of The Focusrite group.
All payments are independently processed through third-party services. Therefore, The Focusrite group does not collect any payment information – such as credit card details – but only receives a notification once the payment has been successfully completed.
If payment through the available methods fail or is refused by the payment service provider, the Owner shall be under no obligation to fulfil the purchase order. Any possible costs or fees resulting from the failed or refused payment shall be borne by the User.
Purchase via app store
The Focusrite group or specific Products available for sale on The Focusrite group must be purchased via a third-party app store. To access such purchases, Users must follow the instructions provided on the relevant online store (such as "Apple App Store" or "Google Play"), which may vary depending on the particular device in use.
Unless otherwise specified, purchases done via third-party online stores are also subject to such third-parties’ terms and conditions, which, in case of any inconsistency or conflict, shall always prevail upon these Terms.
Users purchasing through such third-party online stores must therefore read such terms and conditions of sale carefully and accept them.
Retention of Product ownership
Until payment of the total purchase price is received by the Owner, any Products ordered shall not become the User’s property.
Retention of usage rights
Users do not acquire any rights to use the purchased Product until the total purchase price is received by the Owner.
Deliveries are made to the address indicated by the User and in the manner specified in the order summary.
Upon delivery, Users must verify the content of the delivery and report anomalies without undue delay, using the contact details provided in this document or as described in the delivery note. Users may refuse to accept the parcel if visibly damaged.
Goods are delivered to the following countries or territories: Define this Focusrite team.
Delivery times are specified on The Focusrite group or during the purchasing process.
Unless otherwise specified on The Focusrite group or agreed with Users, Products shall be delivered within thirty (30) days from purchase.
The Owner cannot be held responsible for delivery errors due to inaccuracies or incompleteness in the execution of the purchase order by the User, nor for any damages or delays after handover to the carrier if the latter is arranged by the User.
If the goods are not received or collected at the time or within the deadline specified, the goods will be returned to the Owner, who will contact the User to schedule a second delivery attempt or to agree on the future course of action.
Unless otherwise agreed, any delivery attempt starting from the second shall be at the User’s expense.
Delivery of digital content
Unless otherwise stated, digital content purchased on The Focusrite group is delivered via download on the device(s) chosen by Users.
Users acknowledge and accept that in order to download and/or use the Product, the intended device(s) and its respective software (including operating systems) must be legal, commonly used, up-to-date, and consistent with current market-standards.
Users acknowledge and accept that the ability to download the purchased Product may be limited in time and space.
Subscriptions allow Users to receive a Product continuously or regularly over a determined period of time.
Paid subscriptions begin on the day the payment is received by the Owner.
In order to maintain subscriptions, Users must pay the required recurring fee in a timely manner. Failure to do so may cause service interruptions.
Subscriptions handled via Apple ID
Users may subscribe to a Product using the Apple ID associated with their Apple App Store account by using the relevant process on The Focusrite group. When doing so, Users acknowledge and accept that
- any payment due shall be charged to their Apple ID account;
- subscriptions are automatically renewed for the same duration unless the User cancels at least 24 hours before the current period expires;
- any and all fees or payments due for renewal will be charged within 24-hours before the end of the current period;
- subscriptions can be managed or cancelled in the Users’ Apple App Store account settings.
The above shall prevail upon any conflicting or diverging provision of these Terms.
Termination of open-ended subscriptions
Open-ended subscriptions may be terminated at any time by sending a clear and unambiguous termination notice to the Owner using the contact details provided in this document. Terminations shall take effect 30 days after the notice of termination has been received by the Owner.
Right of withdrawal
Unless exceptions apply, the User may be eligible to withdraw from the contract within the period specified below (generally 14 days), for any reason and without justification. Users can learn more about the withdrawal conditions within this section.
Who the right of withdrawal applies to
Unless any applicable exception is mentioned below, Users who are European Consumers are granted a statutory cancellation right under EU rules, to withdraw from contracts entered into online (distance contracts) within the specified period applicable to their case, for any reason and without justification.
Users that do not fit this qualification, cannot benefit from the rights described in this section.
Exercising the right of withdrawal
To exercise their right of withdrawal, Users must send to the Owner an unequivocal statement of their intention to withdraw from the contract.
To this end, Users may use the model withdrawal form available from within the “definitions” section of this document. Users are, however, free to express their intention to withdraw from the contract by making an unequivocal statement in any other suitable way. In order to meet the deadline within which they can exercise such right, Users must send the withdrawal notice before the withdrawal period expires.
When does the withdrawal period expire?
Regarding the purchase of goods, the withdrawal period expires 14 days after the day on which the User or a third party – other than the carrier and designated by the User – takes physical possession of the goods.
Regarding the purchase of several goods ordered together but delivered separately or in case of purchase of a single good consisting of multiple lots or pieces delivered separately, the withdrawal period expires 14 days after the day on which the User or a third party – other than the carrier and designated by the User – acquires physical possession of the last good, lot or piece.
Effects of withdrawal
Users who correctly withdraw from a contract will be reimbursed by the Owner for all payments made to the Owner, including, if any, those covering the costs of delivery.
However, any additional costs resulting from the choice of a particular delivery method other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by the Owner, will not be reimbursed.
Such reimbursement shall be made without undue delay and, in any event, no later than 14 days from the day on which the Owner is informed of the User’s decision to withdraw from the contract. Unless otherwise agreed with the User, reimbursements will be made using the same means of payment as used to process the initial transaction. In any event, the User shall not incur any costs or fees as a result of such reimbursement.
…on the purchase of physical goods
Unless the Owner has offered to collect the goods, Users shall send back the goods or hand them over to the Owner, or to a person authorized by the latter to receive the goods, without undue delay and in any event within 14 days from the day on which they communicated their decision to withdraw from the contract.
The deadline is met if the goods are handed to the carrier, or otherwise returned as indicated above, before the expiration of the 14-days-period for returning the goods. The reimbursement may be withheld until reception of the goods, or until Users have supplied evidence of having returned the goods, whichever is the earliest.
Users shall only be liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling of the goods outside of that which is necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and functioning.
The costs of returning the goods are borne by the Owner.
Legal guarantee of conformity for goods
Under EU law, for a minimum period of 2 years after delivery, traders guarantee the conformity of the goods they sell. This means that traders must ensure that the goods purchased have the promised quality, or the quality that can be reasonably expected, functionality or characteristics for at least two years after they’ve been delivered to the purchaser.
Where Users qualify as European Consumers, the legal guarantee of conformity for goods applies to the items available on The Focusrite group in accordance with the laws of the country of their habitual residence.
National laws of such country may grant such Users broader rights.
In particular, Consumers based in France can exercise guarantee rights within two years of delivery of the good without being required to provide evidence of the good’s defect or lack of conformity. The period of time for which the Consumer is exempted from providing evidence of the fault is reduced to six months in case of used goods.
When exercising guarantee rights, Consumers may choose between requesting replacement or reparation of the faulty good at the conditions set out in the French Consumer Code.
This statutory guarantee of conformity applies regardless of any commercial guarantee possibly offered by the Owner.
Consumers may also exercise their right of guarantee for hidden faults according to the relevant provisions of the French Civil Code, choosing between cancelling the purchase or requesting a price reduction.
Consumers who do not qualify as European may benefit from legal guarantee of conformity rights in accordance with the legislation of the country of their habitual residence.
Applicability extension to all Users
Without prejudice to any more favorable guarantee-of-conformity rights that Users might benefit from according to the legislation applicable to them, the Owner contractually extends the statutory guarantee-of-conformity regime applicable in the country of its registered offices to Users in general.
Liability and indemnification
Limitation of liability
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Focusrite group is provided strictly on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Use of the Service is at Users’ own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Owner expressly disclaims all conditions, representations, and warranties — whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third-party rights. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by user from owner or through the Service will create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Owner, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees do not warrant that the content is accurate, reliable or correct; that the Service will meet Users’ requirements; that the Service will be available at any particular time or location, uninterrupted or secure; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components. Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is downloaded at users own risk and users shall be solely responsible for any damage to Users’ computer system or mobile device or loss of data that results from such download or Users’ use of the Service.
The Owner does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Service or any hyperlinked website or service, and the Owner shall not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between Users and third-party providers of products or services.
The Service may become inaccessible or it may not function properly with Users’ web browser, mobile device, and/or operating system. The owner cannot be held liable for any perceived or actual damages arising from Service content, operation, or use of this Service.
Federal law, some states, and other jurisdictions, do not allow the exclusion and limitations of certain implied warranties. The above exclusions may not apply to Users. This Agreement gives Users specific legal rights, and Users may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The disclaimers and exclusions under this agreement shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
Limitations of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall the Owner, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees be liable for
- any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating to the use of, or inability to use, the Service; and
- any damage, loss or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorized access or use of the Service or User account or the information contained therein;
- any errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from User access to or use of the Service;
- any unauthorized access to or use of the Owner’s secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Service;
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through the Service;
- any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the Service; and/or
- the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any User or third party. In no event shall the Owner, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees be liable for any claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses or costs in an amount exceeding the amount paid by User to the Owner hereunder in the preceding 12 months, or the period of duration of this agreement between the Owner and User, whichever is shorter.
This limitation of liability section shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if company has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to User. The terms give User specific legal rights, and User may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The disclaimers, exclusions, and limitations of liability under the terms shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
The User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the Owner and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees harmless from and against any and all claims or demands, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses, including, but not limited to, legal fees and expenses, arising from
- User’s use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted or received by User;
- User’s violation of these terms, including, but not limited to, User’s breach of any of the representations and warranties set forth in these terms;
- User’s violation of any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, any right of privacy or intellectual property rights;
- User’s violation of any statutory law, rule, or regulation;
- any content that is submitted from User’s account, including third party access with User’s unique username, password or other security measure, if applicable, including, but not limited to, misleading, false, or inaccurate information;
- User’s wilful misconduct; or
- statutory provision by User or its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees to the extent allowed by applicable law.
The Owner’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any such right or provision. No waiver shall be considered a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
To ensure the best possible service level, the Owner reserves the right to interrupt the Service for maintenance, system updates or any other changes, informing the Users appropriately.
Within the limits of law, the Owner may also decide to suspend or terminate the Service altogether. If the Service is terminated, the Owner will cooperate with Users to enable them to withdraw Personal Data or information in accordance with applicable law.
Additionally, the Service might not be available due to reasons outside the Owner’s reasonable control, such as “force majeure” (eg. labor actions, infrastructural breakdowns or blackouts etc).
Users may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of The Focusrite group and of its Service without the Owner’s express prior written permission, granted either directly or through a legitimate reselling programme.
Intellectual property rights
Without prejudice to any more specific provision of these Terms, any intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and design rights related to The Focusrite group are the exclusive property of the Owner or its licensors and are subject to the protection granted by applicable laws or international treaties relating to intellectual property.
All trademarks — nominal or figurative — and all other marks, trade names, service marks, word marks, illustrations, images, or logos appearing in connection with The Focusrite group are, and remain, the exclusive property of the Owner or its licensors and are subject to the protection granted by applicable laws or international treaties related to intellectual property.
Changes to these Terms
The Owner reserves the right to amend or otherwise modify these Terms at any time. In such cases, the Owner will appropriately inform the User of these changes.
Such changes will only affect the relationship with the User for the future.
The continued use of the Service will signify the User’s acceptance of the revised Terms. If Users do not wish to be bound by the changes, they must stop using the Service. Failure to accept the revised Terms, may entitle either party to terminate the Agreement.
The applicable previous version will govern the relationship prior to the User's acceptance. The User can obtain any previous version from the Owner.
If required by applicable law, the Owner will specify the date by which the modified Terms will enter into force.
Assignment of contract
The Owner reserves the right to transfer, assign, dispose of by novation, or subcontract any or all rights or obligations under these Terms, taking the User’s legitimate interests into account. Provisions regarding changes of these Terms will apply accordingly.
Users may not assign or transfer their rights or obligations under these Terms in any way, without the written permission of the Owner.
All communications relating to the use of The Focusrite group must be sent using the contact information stated in this document.
Should any provision of these Terms be deemed or become invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Any such invalid or unenforceable provision will be interpreted, construed and reformed to the extent reasonably required to render it valid, enforceable and consistent with its original intent. These Terms constitute the entire Agreement between Users and the Owner with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all other communications, including but not limited to all prior agreements, between the parties with respect to such subject matter. These Terms will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Should any provision of these Terms be or be deemed void, invalid or unenforceable, the parties shall do their best to find, in an amicable way, an agreement on valid and enforceable provisions thereby substituting the void, invalid or unenforceable parts.
In case of failure to do so, the void, invalid or unenforceable provisions shall be replaced by the applicable statutory provisions, if so permitted or stated under the applicable law.
Without prejudice to the above, the nullity, invalidity or the impossibility to enforce a particular provision of these Terms shall not nullify the entire Agreement, unless the severed provisions are essential to the Agreement, or of such importance that the parties would not have entered into the contract if they had known that the provision would not be valid, or in cases where the remaining provisions would translate into an unacceptable hardship on any of the parties.
These Terms are governed by the law of the place where the Owner is based, as disclosed in the relevant section of this document, without regard to conflict of laws principles.
Exception for European Consumers
However, regardless of the above, if the User qualifies as a European Consumer and has their habitual residence in a country where the law provides for a higher consumer protection standard, such higher standards shall prevail.
Venue of jurisdiction
The exclusive competence to decide on any controversy resulting from or connected to these Terms lies with the courts of the place where the Owner is based, as displayed in the relevant section of this document.
Exception for European Consumers
The above does not apply to any Users that qualify as European Consumers, nor to Consumers based in Switzerland, Norway or Iceland.
Consumers based in England and Wales may bring legal proceedings in connection with these Terms in the English and Welsh courts. Consumers based in Scotland may bring legal proceedings in connection with these Terms in either the Scottish or the English courts. Consumers based in Northern Ireland may bring legal proceedings in connection with these Terms in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
Each party specifically waives any right to trial by jury in any court in connection with any action or litigation.
Any claims under these terms shall proceed individually and no party shall join in a class action or other proceeding with or on behalf of others.
This Agreement shall continue in effect until it is terminated by either The Focusrite group or the User. Upon termination, the provisions contained in these Terms that by their context are intended to survive termination or expiration will survive, including but not limited to the following:
- the User’s grant of licenses under these Terms shall survive indefinitely;
- the User’s indemnification obligations shall survive for a period of five years from the date of termination;
- the disclaimer of warranties and representations, and the stipulations under the section containing indemnity and limitation of liability provisions, shall survive indefinitely.
Amicable dispute resolution
Users may bring any disputes to the Owner who will try to resolve them amicably.
While Users' right to take legal action shall always remain unaffected, in the event of any controversy regarding the use of The Focusrite group or the Service, Users are kindly asked to contact the Owner at the contact details provided in this document.
The User may submit the complaint including a brief description and if applicable, the details of the related order, purchase, or account, to the Owner’s email address specified in this document.
The Owner will process the complaint without undue delay and within 21 days of receiving it.
Online dispute resolution for Consumers
The European Commission has established an online platform for alternative dispute resolutions that facilitates an out-of-court method for solving any dispute related to and stemming from online sale and service contracts.
As a result, any European Consumer can use such platform for resolving any dispute stemming from contracts which have been entered into online. The platform is available at the following link.
Definitions and legal references
The Focusrite group (or this Application)
The property that enables the provision of the Service.
Any legally binding or contractual relationship between the Owner and the User, governed by these Terms.
Any User that does not qualify as a Consumer.
European (or Europe)
Applies where a User is physically present or has their registered offices within the EU, regardless of nationality.
Example withdrawal form
Focusrite Plc Windsor House, Turnpike Rd, High Wycombe HP12 3FX Raising a Data Privacy Request: We are a Group of companies with multiple different brands, so it is really important to us that we deal with your request in the best way possible. Filling this form is the quickest way to have us process your request. Data Removal/Amendment Form *** Please use the form rather than emailing the DPO mailbox email address advertised below*** Use the form or you can call 310-322-5500 to exercise your CCPA rights.
I/We hereby give notice that I/we withdraw from my/our contract of sale of the following goods/for the provision of the following service:
_____________________________________________ (insert a description of the goods/services that are subject to the respective withdrawal)
- Ordered on: _____________________________________________ (insert the date)
- Received on: _____________________________________________ (insert the date)
- Name of consumer(s):_____________________________________________
- Address of consumer(s):_____________________________________________
- Date: _____________________________________________
(sign if this form is notified on paper)
Owner (or We)
Indicates the natural person(s) or legal entity that provides The Focusrite group and/or the Service to Users.
A good or service available for purchase through The Focusrite group, such as e.g. physical goods, digital files, software, booking services etc.
The sale of Products may be part of the Service.
The service provided by The Focusrite group as described in these Terms and on The Focusrite group.
All provisions applicable to the use of The Focusrite group and/or the Service as described in this document, including any other related documents or agreements, and as updated from time to time.
User (or You)
Indicates any natural person or legal entity using The Focusrite group.
Any User qualifying as a natural person who accesses goods or services for personal use, or more generally, acts for purposes outside their trade, business, craft or profession.